Monday, August 25, 2008

Me vs. He

John 12. Jesus' triumphal entry.

"Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour?' But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name."

In the midst of conditions that have troubled his soul, Jesus has a choice. He can pray for himself, to have his soul not troubled; or he can pray in accordance to God's will. Jesus chooses the latter, "Father, glorify your name." It appears as if the Father cannot contain himself at that point; he's so pleased that he speaks right up.

I've had some things troubling me lately and I'm learning how to say, "Glorify your name, Father." The hard part about that is wanting the same thing God wants, but also trusting that he is even involved. He is; "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again."

No comments: