Wednesday, January 21, 2009

That Sneaky Little Moses

Back from too long away...been a busy few weeks.

I've made my way to Exodus and came across this little tidbit about Moses, in the Egyptian poser part of his life. He comes across an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, and then we read -

"He (Moses) looked this way and that, and seeing no one, he struck down the Egyptian and hid him in the sand."

I"m not a rocket scientist, but if you have to "look this way and that" before you do something, and then you have to hide what you did, it's a pretty good chance whatever it is you did isn't a really grand idea.

So this morning, Feeties, I'm thinking about my life and asking, "What are the things I do that require looking left and right before I do them?" God, give me grace and power to overcome the desire to do such things, and the attitudes that lead to those desires.

No comments: