Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Anyone...Anyone

I watched "Expelled" last night and found it quite interesting. Ben Stein, in his usual droll speech, raises some pretty interesting questions about our places of higher learning. Whether you are an Intelligent Design apologist or critic, the questions of free inquiry are still valid.


On another note - reading Genesis these days. One observation is that there is nothing in the text that suggests Abram did anything to warrant God's call to him or his plan to bless him. Abram was obedient and reverent, albeit in a somewhat "lie about your wife while you're in Egypt" sort of way. Just another data point in my ever-solidifying theory that it is not what we do on our own so much as how we hear and respond that opens up our relationship with God. Said another way - less about works/religiosity and more about recognizing/receiving grace.

Good to be back.

1 comment:

Izzie said...

I quite enjoyed the movie (was wanting to see it and happy to discover it on the dining room table when I arrived). Honestly, mostly it just made me not want anything to do with evolution, as if it blinds us from God or something. Anyways, Ben is great. I appreciated the issue he brought up and I don't think it just applies to that kind of science *cough cough, but even theology *cough.