Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Musings 2008

The year came.

Unfortunately, it came after many years when it did not come. Enough years that variations on the meaning of it coming had flourished, and a certain jadedness had set in against the hope that it would ever come. Understandable; unfulfilled hope "cuts like a knife" as Brian Adams would say in my youth. Enough years had passed that some had deluded themselves into thinking they were the marking of the year's coming.

But then it came - the fullness of time. He's here.

I can't imagine squeezing myself into the form of a 1" plastic football player, choosing to lose all my natural movement and relying on electricity to vibrate me around the board (those are the physical laws of electric football). Doing this all because my beloved Packer-painted electric football team is going down. But He did something like that and so much more. Welcome to the planet; your planet. Your people.

Come again.

About that coming again business...I think some jadedness had taken up residence in my own heart. But for some reason, maybe my son's return home, it seems that this Christmas time has brought renewed faith and hope in your knowing what you are doing. Give me patience for the right time; the right times. Your Kingdome Come!

No comments: